Despite the legislative churn that produced thousands of pages of new laws and regulations and much self-congratulatory PR, nothing of any importance has changed.
All the truly important systems remain completely status quo:
1. The U.S. Global Empire continues to export paper (a.k.a. U.S. dollars) in exchange for real goods.
2. Global owners of capital and the Empire's owners/managers continue to buy the Empire's bonds in their endless trillions.
3. No Imperial war has been declared over and the troops withdrawn.
4. Not one of the hundreds of U.S. overseas bases has been shuttered; rather, new ones have been established and existing ones hardened and expanded.
5. The "too big to fail" banks have grown even larger and thus even more securely protected from failure by the Savior State.
6. The national Security State continues expanding at a staggering rate, seeking global hegemony over all electronic communications even as its own sprawling tenacles have no awareness of what the other tenacles know or don't know.
7. Thanks to "healthcare reform" (sic), the sickcare cartels have tightened their grip on the nation's income stream.
8. Lobbyists still control the lawmaking machinery of the Federal government. Indeed, any real reform has been attacked like a carcass tossed in a piranha-infested river; reform has quickly been stripped and then repackaged as a gutted faux reform for PR purposes.
9. The wealth/income/power gulf between the top 5% and the bottom 95% of citizens continues widening.
Return of the Great Bond Conspiracy
Don’t Buy Anything That Can Be Created With a Printing Press