Wednesday, February 1, 2012

US employment rise fails to benefit blacks

Unemployment in the US has dropped to its lowest rate since February 2009, according to recent data.

However, joblessness among African Americans is continuing to increase and is now put at 15.8 per cent.

The prospects for finding work are even more bleak for black teenagers.

Al Jazeera's Cath Turner has been following Kelvin Diggs, 15, around Boston as he tries to find work to keep his family's household afloat. Read more.....

1 comment:

  1. Why is this a shock? Why do we say something is racist when it's a numerical fact that as a whole blacks are bad employees?

    Not saying other races don't steal, lie, come in late or give attitude but in MY EXPERIENCE worst service and job ethic is in the black community...NOT ALL of course but a very high number of them are.

    Some will call me racist and I'm not...I'm a realist...I've lived in ghettos, slums and barrios most of my life and that's been my experience.

    Or hey lets get some input from anyone from the Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philly, New Orleans, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, DC areas if you don't believe me.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is encouraged to participate with civilized comments.