Wednesday, July 15, 2009

88% of UK Pension Funds in the RED-US Pension Funds sue..


The scale of the pensions crisis was laid bare yesterday as figures showed the deficit in company schemes had soared above £200billion. A staggering 88 per cent of the country's 7,400 defined-benefit pension schemes face a shortfall amid pressure from falling stocks and people living longer. In June 2007, pension funds were registering a surplus of more than £100billion. A year later this had turned into a deficit of £13billion. But yesterday's figures from industry safety net the Pension Protection Fund showed the shortfall between assets and liabilities in the 7,400 plans rocketed to £200.1billion at the end of June.

Link

U.S. pension fund sues Moody's, S&P, Fitch

NEW YORK, July 15 (Reuters) - Calpers, the biggest U.S. public pension fund, has sued the three largest U.S. credit rating agencies for giving perfect grades to securities that later suffered huge subprime mortgage losses.

2 comments:

  1. You see!? I TOLD you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya!
    I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest
    writing a blog post or vice-versa? My blog covers a lot
    of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could
    greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested
    feel free to drop me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Great blog by the way!

    Keep up to date and review my url page at UK Pensions
    for much more know-how.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is encouraged to participate with civilized comments.