Saturday, August 1, 2009

We are in the Eye of the Storm: A Depression is Coming Next



NOTE: I want to take this opportunity in thanking the small group of people who have donated to this blog. THANK YOU.
Have you heard the great news? The recession is over! It’s true; I saw it on TV. Why fret about growing unemployment lines when banks are paying big-time bonuses again?

Proof of the turn was apparently revealed by the 2nd quarter GDP figures that showed that the economy declined by only 1%. After four consecutive quarters of negative GDP, the green shoots now assume that growth will resume over the summer. But before we pop the corks, it may be worthwhile to ask, “what really has changed, and what is responsible for our new lease on life?”

In truth, because of the continued profligacy of the government and Federal Reserve, the imbalances that caused the current recession have actually worsened. We are now in an even deeper hole than when the crisis began. Rather than wrapping up a recession, we are actually sinking into a depression. If things look better now, it’s just because we are in the eye of the storm.

We must remember that recessions inevitably follow periods of artificial growth. During these booms, mall investments are made which ultimately must be liquidated during the ensuing busts. In short, mistakes made during booms are corrected during busts – and in the recent boom we made some real whoppers. We borrowed and spent too much money, bought goods we couldn’t afford, built houses we couldn’t carry, and developed a service sector economy completely dependent on consumer credit and rising asset prices. All the while, we allowed our industrial base to crumble and our infrastructure to decay.

In order to lay the foundation for real and lasting recovery, market forces must be allowed to repair the damage. However, current policy is counterproductive to this end. Trillions in stimulus dollars have kept the party going, but now what? How does deficit spending by the government address the problems that brought about the crash? It doesn’t; it just delays and worsens the hangover – and we have to hope we don’t die of alcohol poisoning.
(snippet)
Since we have learned nothing from past mistakes, we are condemned to repeat them. As if we have not already suffered enough as a consequence of the Bush/Greenspan stimulus, Obama/Bernanke are giving ever larger doses, which will prove lethal to any recovery. The recession is over; long live the depression!
Link

20 comments:

  1. Uhp, I can see it now.
    Economic Depression blogspot is going to sell out to the Rothchildes as soon as they get around to donating.

    HEH

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only they would send me a few trillion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK going McMansion shopping Monday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to the wonderful folks at the Associated Press, the housing market is on the climb again!

    Welcome to the bottom: Housing begins slow rebound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to kick in $10 every month. Never ordered the PDFs because not sure exactly what they are and don't want to get spammed to death.

    This blog has a unique blend of truth and sarcasm. One nice touch is no pasting to the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Order the Pdf's guides.. never received a spam or email again and I bought them months ago, well worth the measly $3

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK will do right now. Feed kitty, good kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the pdf's are great info....so much info without having to go to the library or do the legwork yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is our administrator such an enigma?

    How about a name or something, like 'Tyler Durden'

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are a certain number of readers who email me screaming (large capitalized font) that this is a doom and gloom blog (it sort of is) , get a real life, put positive stuff on, quit being an end of the world conspiracy nut..etc. This may be one reason why I don't put my name on this blog..yet. This blog is not a moneymaker at all and sometimes I wonder why the hell I do it.. I put a lot of work in ( hours and hours) trying to find the right info for people who believe that there will be changes coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try to help out in donating my wit and charm, and a little of my own information here and there too. I sincerely hope it helps inspire others.<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This site is some of my favorite reading of the day.Dont change a thing! Those who dont like it,sure as hell can figure out how to use the X in the top corner. Let em eat crow!Thank you T.C.E.D.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let those people go to sites like-The ression is over,recovery is on the way,or some other dumb shit like that.cannot see whats right in front of their face,read the world news you big retards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous above, I don't think your post had enough gratuitious fascistic toned self satisfied abuse piled on. I think you need to go back and do more homework on that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Economic Analyst was at the Ferrari dealer picking up a new ride from all the profits here! I kid, I kid!

    Really people - if you like this blog kick in $5/$10 bucks now and then so the guy can buy some corn flakes!

    I never got any PDFs for my $3. Maybe my ISP blocked the email. Don't really care, as long as EA stays rich!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like using ! today, don't know why, sorry.

    I do know one thing for sure and without any doubt. Those that speak and support the truth are rarely if ever financially rewarded. The manipulators, the ripoffs, the face men - they get paid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anon, that did NOT get his Depression Guides, please contact me. (If EA was rich he would be lying by the sea shore drinking hard liqueur ) I AM DOING THIS blog for reasons other than money..I don't get enough money for a pup tent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know that EA only does this for the chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Before this blog came along I used to wake up every morning with a boner and a smile. Now I can barely use it for peeing.

    The good news is I will contribute the $19.00 I was going to send in for the Girls Gone Wild video to EA this month. No use for that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the first website I go to everyday...that is the truth. Then I go to silverbear cafe next. Then on to Gary North. Thank you so much for all of your hard work. I, for one, very much appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is encouraged to participate with civilized comments.