Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Depression-Proof Commentary


Janus is Alive and Well this January

Tonight, as I flipped through the 300 channels of “education” it dawned on me that all news presenters are merely talking heads reading via teleprompter. I know this revelation is no surprise to many of you, but I am being almost “forced” to accept a homogenized, masterly massaged, sterile script. Where are the philosophically dangerous ideas of days gone by? The blue boxes speak to us with the same whimsical chant of theater.

I sat back and listened with the discernment of a deacon, fact from fiction. I am being lied to and so might you. Minute-by-minute, a product is being heralded or a lawyer asking you to falsify your neck pain. I have been handheld into a world of confusion.

Today, the president said that he would immediately freeze government spending to curb our deficit. As Bloomberg News and the rest spewed the story across the global, I felt hopeful for half a second or so. To start, only 1/6th of the overall spending by government is able to be touched. The black holes of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Defense, and Homeland Security are all off the table. Those that will be led to slaughter are Education, National Parks, Nutrition, Farm subsidies and Air traffic control (do you see the problem?!) [(Link Here)

The net result of these actions should cut about $250 billion out of $9 trillion or 3% over a 10-year period. I found it ironic when minutes later I discovered an article on ABC news outlining a proposed Jobs bill that states “The $75 billion [jobs bill] increase would erase one-third of the $250 billion in 10-year savings that would come from the partial domestic spending freeze being proposed by Obama. “ [LINK HERE]. So already, the numbers are presented as fiction.

Truth be known the president’s spending freeze is already less than what will be promised in Wednesday’s address. The Roman god “Janus” is alive and well, as our leaders speak out of both sides of their mouths. I denounce the lies and the agendas…Trader D.

4 comments:

  1. You want change. I give you change. I get $999,999,999,999.99 and you get $0.01. Don't tell me I never give you change. $0.01 IS CHANGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. osama bin bush says I will give you change, 3 wars how is that for that nasty peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9:13 That was kind of funny, but sadly funny because it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Africanization in progress. How you like that change Obama promised?

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is encouraged to participate with civilized comments.