Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Job Openings At Record Lows: 50% Fewer Than 2007

Some stark news was buried in the most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics today, which should come as a sobering reminder for Americans currently looking for a job.

Since the job market's peak in June 2007, there are approximately 50 percent fewer job openings for the 15.3 million U.S. citizens who are officially unemployed.

In June of 2007, there were 4.7 million job openings in the United States. In November 2009 that number had fallen to 2.4 million, reports the BLS.

The job openings rate, which reflects the number of job openings as a percentage of total employment, has been steady at 1.8 or 1.9 percent since last March. But, as the AP reports, the larger picture is actually much worse:
More Here...

10 Charts You Must See Before Buying A Home
More Here..

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of buried, what happened to those posts criticizing EA? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not what the fed said today and I quote
    " the economic recovery is spreading to more parts of the country" Yep; there it is in black and white alright.

    Now who you gonna believe ? We all have grown to know, love and trust the Fed. Heck their practically family !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own my own small business in Ohio and I've been having more and more people coming in and calling looking for part or full yime work then I;ve ever seen before... I have calls almost daily from those who put in applications in the past couple of months calling in and asking if I still had their app and if I would still consider calling them if a position opens because they still have not found a job... I wasnt so concerned before but what I have been witnessing is un-nerving.... My 80yr old Dad says times are gonna get hard, I believe him...

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is encouraged to participate with civilized comments.