Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Hedge Fund Experience - Good, Bad, Ugly

Since there aren't any decent/active discussions on the HF forum, I figure I start a thread highlighting the good, bad, and ugly aspects of working at a hedge fund. This is based on my personal experiences so don't take them as gospel.

Hopefully others will contribute with their own experiences over time to add more color to the discussion. It is my hope that those getting into this game will have a better understanding of what they are getting themselves into.

Before I get started, this thread is really intended for people already in finance (current banking analysts/buyside professionals) as a way to start an honest discussion about HF. I'm not going to answer "I'm an undergrad looking to break into hf" type questions in this thread. If I'm in a good mood, I'll start a separate "You're an undergrad and want to break into buyside...this is what you can do" thread later.

This initial post isn't comprehensive and I'll add more over time. There are plenty of thoughts I have on the subject.

Background:

Work as an analyst at a multi-billion dollar fundamental hedge fund, and have been here 3+ years. I work in the special situations/event driven equities group, and specialize in long positions. Read more.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is encouraged to participate with civilized comments.